Monday, September 14, 2009

Hari Malaysia reflection

My Hari Malaysia reflection
(Based on the called by Evangelist Ray Comfort)
Of many of the questions you will ask yourself today, as the Nation celebrates Hari Malaysia, probably the most important is what can I contribute and see our Nation “repent” in many of the wrongs they have committed. Starting from me, myself.As a Christian, let me just based this reflection by using the Ten Commandment.1. 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'Is God first in your life? Do you love God above all else?
Has our relationship with God turns into just mere religious practices?
Have you loved God with all your heart?
Have you loved humanity as much as you love yourself? You be the judge. 2. 'You shall not make for yourself any graven image.'Have I created a god to suits my likes and dislikes? Or making “him” who looks like me, who sounds like me, thinks like me and does things like me?
This means that we shouldn't make a god to suit ourselves,
Either with our hands or our mind. I am guilty of this often.
3. 'You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.'Have you ever taken God's name in vain? Or event giving a “bad” name of being a Christian.
What kind of Christianity am I portraying?
4. 'Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy.'Have I really taken the Sabbath rest seriously, Rest is trusting in the faithfulness of God and fully reliance in who He is. It is not just time and space, it is the heart.

5. 'Honor your father and your mother.'Have you always honored your parents in a way that's pleasing in the sight of God? Ask Him to remind you of the sins of your youth. You may have forgotten them,
but God hasn't. And He will forgive6. 'You shall not murder.'Jesus warned that if we get angry without cause we are in danger of judgment. If we hate our brother, God calls us a murderer. We can violate God's Law by attitude and intent.7. 'You shall not commit adultery.'Who of us can say that we are pure of heart? Jesus warned, 'You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart.'
The purity of sex has now been “polluted” by so many influences.
We need to return to the very purity of mind, body and soul.
8. 'You shall not steal.'Have you ever taken something that belonged to someone else (irrespective of its value)?
9. 'You shall not bear false witness.'Have you ever told a lie? Then you are a liar. How many lies do you have to tell to be a liar?
Or should we put it in another way, have or dare we telling the truth?
On being fair, just and transparence?
,
10. 'You shall not covet.'That means we shouldn't desire anything that belongs to another person.
What are the things that I have taken away from other that they have no opportunities
To have it for their own simple right?

The above are some of my reflections as a Christian not just as a church goers, but more of been a citizen of the beloved land. What are the commandments in relating to the rakyat, the land and the constitution?
My prayer and my desire would be, a true repentance come to Malaysia that the nation will move on not just a developed country, but a mature “spiritually and physically” harmonize, and balance nation for all anak bangsa Malaysia.
Just a Malysian-yapsir

No comments:

Post a Comment